Categories of hosting services
A hosting solution implies stashing and/or sharing specific content on a server administered by a web hosting company. There are various types of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a glimpse at them. In that way, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you desire to create a blog, e-mail addresses, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a service furnished by some firms, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts often include adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific stretch of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally fallacious interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allocate the load between separate bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web page hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a variety of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given companies provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share a great quantity of images with friends or partners since the solution is commonly free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your emails. Some companies offer web space hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you want to open a mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your site hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will permit you to have as many video files as you would like without bothering about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to own a web site. To a certain extent, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email addresses, upload video clips, and so on. At Papua Web Hosting, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that permit you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single place. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the common email/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for specific content only.